Agile Release Train Engineer
Agile Release Train Engineers responsible for managing an Agile program and ensuring the overall goals and objectives of the business are met. These positions play a key role in defining, implementing, maintaining and improving processes, tools, and metrics that govern and support the development and continuous improvement of the Agile program. The IT Release Train Engineers will be responsible for overseeing business and technical requirements development, effort and cost estimates, scheduling, design, implementation, testing, approvals, user documentation and customer deliverables. Finally, these positions require individuals who are passionate about delivering the best leadership, insights, and technology, by finding creative ways of aligning all of the Releases within the Agile program to deliver maximum business value.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business or equivalent education and related training.
• PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) ScrumXP, SAFe Product Manager/Product Owner Certification, or equivalent certification preferred
• Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Scaled Agilist (SA) certification preferred
• 5+ years’ experience in Application/solution architecture in a multitier enterprise environment
• 5+ years of experience with IT or business analysis, project management, and program management with clear progression of responsibility throughout career.
• Proven experience as an Agile technical leader
• Preferred experience with NoSQL technologies
• Preferred experience with various Business Intelligent (BI) tools and data analytics
• Preferred experience with DevOps automation platforms for builds and deploy
• Preferred experience with on-demand technologies and SaaS software
• Preferred experience with Enterprise Integration and Application Design Patterns
• Demonstrated ability to lead the design and development of complex multi-layer applications
• Ability to evaluate various implementations to determine compliance with business requirements and external specifications
• At least 3 years software experience at an Engineering level.
• Demonstrated experience in managing multiple Scrum teams
• Specialized Experience
• Knowledge of Micro-services based Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) with at least two years’ experience in Agile SAFe/Scrum
• Preferred experience in developing rich user interfaces (UI) using multiple UI frameworks
• Hands-on experience with multiple programming languages
• Preferred experience with extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes and tools
• Preferred experience with enterprise service bus (ESB) technologies
• Preferred experience with Docker technologies
• Preferred experience with RESTful API management
• Knowledge of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) concepts and best practices
• Knowledge of content management is a plus
• Experience with JSON data exchange and web services
Requirements: The additional Experience/Knowledge/Skills listed below are preferred.
• Excellent written , verbal communication and presentation skills
• Must be a flexible, resourceful team player that is able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
• Ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced environment while keeping projects on schedule and within budget
• Work with stakeholders to define the scope of various Releases
• Coordinate the execution of all program level processes and the preparation and execution of Release Planning Events
• Ability to effectively review project plans with PMs and make recommendations or provide feedback based on the needs of the program
• Facilitate program continuous improvement activities to include Inspect and Adapt workshops
• Take ownership for overseeing program and ensuring alignment with Scrum Master(s) to provide estimation by Release team(s) for program visibility
• Share, promote and communicate Agile best practices, concepts and values while mentoring and motivating Enterprise teams
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• May lead and direct the work of others.
• Drive the execution of the program Releases across collaborative and cross-functional teams
• Serve as the solution delivery expert for the design and implementation of assigned program Releases
• Manage the cost, schedule and technical performance of the program Releases
• Awareness of all phases of the program Release(s) from inception through completion including Release reviews, feasibility, cost benefit analyses, prioritization, initiation, execution, and closure for all project Release work related to the program
• Other duties as requested
• Provide documentation for the following
• Metrics regarding the Release scheduling, testing and implementation
• Release cost estimates
• Release scheduling
• Coordinate Release approval and sign-off
• Provide user documentation where required
Request for Additional Information
• Professional Certifications
• School/Training transcripts
• At least three company references