Application (Solution) Architect
This Application (Solution) Architect role requires a strong background in technical program management or solutions architecture as well as several years of development experience. This is a consulting role where you will be the expert in the technical engagement with the customer. Solutions are extensive and require in-depth technical understanding to apply them effectively. Ability to prototype new functionality is important.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent education and related training. Advanced education is a plus.
• General Experience
• Loosely Coupled Micro-services architecture
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Application/solution architecture in a multitier enterprise environment
• Proven experience as a technical leader
• Preferred experience with On-Demand and As-a-Service models
• Preferred experience with NoSQL technologies
• Preferred experience with various Business Intelligent (BI) tools and data analytics
• Preferred experience with Enterprise Integration and Application Design Patterns
• Demonstrated ability to lead the design and development of complex applications
• Preferred experience in the development of complex multi-layer applications
• Ability to evaluate various implementations to determine compliance with business requirements and external specifications
• Preferred experience with DevOps automation platforms for builds and deploy
• Preferred experience with Auto Scaling cloud based application development
• At least 3 years software experience at an Engineering level.
• Knowledge of data and application development governance
• Preferred experience with identity access management and integration of application and data tiers
• Specialized Experience
• Knowledge of Agile Development Methodology Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) with at least two years’ experience in Agile Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)/Scrum
• Experience in developing rich user interfaces (UI) using any UI framework
• Hands-on experience with multiple programming languages
• Preferred experience with extract, transform, and load processes and tools
• Preferred experience with enterprise service bus (ESB) technologies
• Preferred experience with Docker technologies
• Preferred experience with RESTful API management
• Knowledge of the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) concepts and best practices
• Knowledge of rich media and content management is a plus
Requirements: The additional Experience/Knowledge/Skills listed below are preferred.
• Excellent written , verbal communication and presentation skills
• Must be a flexible, resourceful team player that is able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
• Serve as primary technical contact
• Gather product requirements, evaluate, and when necessary prototype alternatives to determine the most appropriate approach for each solution.
• Evaluates new technologies, external products and designs for their applicability to specific release or roadmap requirements.
• Work with the professional services team members to estimate the work for a given Release.
• Aligns and validates the technical solution against business strategy, technical and product roadmaps
• Develop strategies for application solutions of an enterprise human resource/case management system.
• Be able to design and develop the solution for a human resource/case management system
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• May lead and direct the work of others.
• Communicates technical and business concepts at all levels of and across various agencies
• Document high level solution designs as needed
• Document conceptual architecture
• Provide rationale for architectural decisions
• Recommend the optimal solution for the requested Enterprise system
Request for Additional Information
• Professional Certifications
• School/Training transcripts
• Application/solution architecture in a multitier enterprise environment: 5 years
• At least two years’ experience in Agile Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)/Scrum